Hello! We are excited for Reading Wars 2.0! We had such a great experience last year and hope that, once again, this fun little challenge pushes our students to read a little bit more, discover new books, take more AR tests, and work on goals as a class. Last year, Park Lane read for a total of 181,943 minute! Which translates into over 126 days of reading. AWESOME!
As a quick review, Reading Wars is a reading minutes contest. During the length of Reading Wars, students keep track of all minutes read outside of school. They can do so using either the provided Reading Wars Tracker, or in their class planners they have been suing all year. To be eligible, these minutes must be accompanied by a parent signature. Please have either the signed planner or signed Reading Wars Tracker returned to school each day so minutes can be tabulated.
- The class that reads the most minutes in each grade will win $5 to spend at at the Book Fair, for every student in the winning class.
- The student that reads the most minutes in each grade will win a Kindle!
- The 2nd place student in each grade will win $15 to spend at the Book Fair.
- The 3rd place student in each grade will win $10 to spend at the Book Fair.
- The class with the most reading minutes brought in the previous day will get to keep our giant golden Reading Wars Trophy in their class.
Good Luck Panthers, and have fun too!