We just finished our first trimester and report cards were sent home last Friday, so check backpacks for those.
We had a wonderful Veteran’s Day event, and if you meet your child for lunch at school one day in the next month, see our bulletin board with the great pictures!
With the holidays coming up, be sure to select our school for charitable giving through two simple ways!
- AmazonSmile generates donations every time you shop. Our unique charity link is: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/87-0451103
- Link your Smith’s Shopper’s Card to your account so that all transactions apply towards donations to Park Lane. https://www.smithsfoodanddrug.com/i/community/smiths-inspiring-donations
PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!!
There will be NO SCHOOL Wed Nov 24 – Fri 26 for Thanksgiving Recess. Enjoy!
Our 5th graders will have NOVA Graduation on Monday Nov 29th @ noon in the gym and parents are welcome to attend. It is a program taught to our 5th graders by our Law Enforcement Officers and stands for Nurturing, Opportunities, Values, and Accountability. https://novaprinciples.com/
Our next Remote Learning Friday will be Dec 3rd, and usually your student will receive a packet to work on for that day to complete and return the following Monday.
Classroom Holiday Parties will be held on Friday Dec 17th, with times determined by each teacher. Classroom Parents will organize the volunteers to run games, crafts, etc. We still need some volunteers! Sign up for parties HERE! (One teacher still needs at least ONE Classroom Parent to help with little things like this! If you can help, please sign up!)
The Spelling Bee is coming up and your student will be coming home with a list of spelling words. They can practice over Winter Recess which is Dec 20 – 31. The spelling bees (for grades 1-5) will be held in January.
Our PTA Board Meeting time has changed from noon to 12:30pm the 2nd Tuesday of each month in the Conference Room. We are in need of a Nominating Committee by Dec 31st. Three people are required to find volunteers for next year’s open PTA positions, yet they are not allowed to serve on the Board themselves. This keeps our PTA from being an exclusive “club” and allows all members of our community to serve our children and teachers. If you or someone you know would like to serve in certain capacities, please reply back to this email. (We cater to your talents and abilities!)
Our school is STILL in need of substitute teachers! Teachers are required to attend half-day trainings at the district (as usual), yet no one can even cover their classes. I’ve thought about it myself because it’s SO dire….Contact the office if you have questions or might be able to sub a few times this year at Park Lane. 801-826-9025
We have the BEST school! Join our pride of panthers!
- Wednesday, November 24 through Friday, November 26 – Thanksgiving Recess
- Monday, November 29 at Noon, NOVA Graduation (for 5th grade)
- Friday, December 3 – Remote Learning Day
- Tuesday, December 14 at 12:30 pm – PTA Meeting
- Friday, December 17 – Classroom Christmas Parties and School Sing-A-Long
- December 18 through January 2 – Winter Recess
- Monday, January 3 – School Resumes
- Thursday, January 6 – AR Party