October 11, 2021
See, I told you the emails would slow down now that we are into the groove of the school year. Just waiting now for daylight savings time to mess us up! 😉
Next week will be Digital Citizenship Week (AKA White Ribbon Week) at school. For some great resources check out PTA Connected on how to limit screen time, eliminate bullying, tips for tackling tough topics with kids, etc.
It’s National Arts and Humanities month, and our PTA Reflections Program helps celebrate that. Get the info and help your child choose how they’d like to participate through either drawing, dance, photography, etc! (BONUS: this counts as a Prestigious Panther goal.)
We love to have partnerships with local businesses and Papa Murphy’s will donate a percentage back to Park Lane during certain scheduled dates. All you have to do is mention you’re with Park Lane at any Sandy location, and dinner is planned! Fun fact: October is also National Pizza month.
BoxTops for Education is another way to get cash for our school. If you’ve been clipping them, send them in! Otherwise, just download the app and scan your receipt.
Red Ribbon Week is coming up. We incorporate not only “Just Say No to Drugs” but also focus on having a healthy mind and body!
Last, we are excited to have things back to normal this year with class Halloween parties! Be sure to check the Signups ASAP for open spots!
- Tues Oct 12th @ noon PTA Board Meeting in Conference Room
- Thur-Fri Oct 14-15th Fall Recess
- Mon-Fri Oct 18-22 Digital Citizenship Week
- Wed Oct 20th 7:45-8:20am Choir begins weekly for 3rd-5th graders.
- Thur Oct 21st REFLECTIONS DUE!
- Wed-Sun Oct 20-24th Papa Murphy’s Spirit Nights
- Tues Oct 26th BoxTops for Education due (turn in all clippings to front office).
- Mon-Fri Oct 25-29th Red Ribbon Week/Wellness Week
- Fri Oct 29th Class Halloween parties
The Panther Studio
Join Park Lane’s very own choir! This is a really fun opportunity for 3-5th graders at our school.
Your child can participate in a variety of artistic ways through this program. All submissions are online, and our school’s are due Thursday, Oct 21st.
See how you can help! Parental involvement is a huge asset to children…even the fun stuff like helping with class parties.