Park Lane’s Parking Lot Safety Rules
In order to keep our children safe, it is important that we work together as a team. We have procedural rules in place to protect children. Thank you for your help!
We have adult supervision in the morning starting at 8:15 a.m.
The Parking Lot Gates
We have five buses that enter and exit through the north parking lot exit. In order to do that, they drive down to the south end of the parking lot, make a U-turn and drive through the front bus lane. We have to keep the parking lot clear for the buses. We also do not want children crossing the parking lot in front of the buses. Therefore, we close the gates to the parking lot at the start and close of school. We apologize that this is inconvenient, but we have found it necessary for the safety of children.
Gates close in the morning – 8:10 to 8:30 a.m.
Gates closed in the afternoon – 3:00 to 3:20 p.m.
On early dismissal days, gates closed – 1:20 – 1:40 p.m.
(This is usually on Fridays, but may be a different day on shortened weeks.)
- Only vehicles with office passes or district badges are allowed through the gates at these times.
- If you are in the parking lot when the gates close, please find a parking spot and wait until the gates open.
Please be kind to our fifth graders on Safety Patrol. They are earnest and diligent and are following the instructions and procedures we have given them.
The Horseshoe Drop-Off/Pick-Up Area
- The lane closest to the school is for drop off and pick up. Please pull forward to allow more cars to enter.
- The lane closest to the street is the drive-through lane. Please do not stop in the drive-through lane.
Please do not have students cross to the school through the horseshoe. This is obviously very dangerous.
- If your child is walking from the north, please ask them to stay on the sidewalk next to the fence and walk up to the school.
- If your child enters on the south side of the building, please ask them to use the crosswalk area painted on the east side of the gate.
- We do not allow children to enter the school grounds by climbing the grass hill into the parking lot unless accompanied by an adult for supervision.
- Sandy City Crossing Guards are at the school from 8:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and from 3:00 to 3:25 p.m. (and 1:20 to 1:40 p.m. on short days.)
- There are no crossing guards for AM kindergarten dismissal or for PM kindergarten arrival. Please escort your kindergarten students to and from kindergarten.
Scooters and Bikes
- For safety reasons, we ask that children get off their bikes and scooters when they enter school property.
- There are bike racks on the south side of the school, in the playground area.
- Of course, children on bikes/scooters need to be careful of the other children that are walking.